After receiving a great deal of positive feedback for sharing my first income and traffic report for April (after only one week after launch to boot), I feel encouraged to keep going with these monthly reports. Something I’ve been thinking a lot about recently is the concept of “doing the work.” Too often we see the end results or successes of our fellow bloggers and creativepreneurs that it can be really easy to get discouraged or to believe that success just comes “easily” for everyone else. Sharing these baby steps really demonstrates the hard work and effort it takes to build a truly successful blog and biz; I hope they will be as useful for you as they are for me!
That being said, allow me to preface May’s report with some context.
Things to Consider
- This is the first full month Ampersand Creative has been live, so I truly am starting from the beginning. Again, remember from the first report that I had a lot of traffic follow me from The Modern Austen, but that seems to be leveling out some.
- Because my traffic is shifting, some numbers below will have gone down. I’m not really discouraged by this, because I’m seeing new readers “replacing” old readers that have decided to part ways. Again, I knew this would likely happen and I encourage it because it means that the right readers are here to stay :)
- My editorial calendar/ pre-written posts “ran out” about halfway through the month and I had a bit of trouble keeping up with content towards the second half like I originally had planned.
- I went through some pretty significant life changes at the tail end of the month of May, putting the blog on the back burner as I took care of myself. Still working on this!
- I had one post bring some “viral” traffic thanks to a strategy I borrowed from Buffer and Olyvia Media, as I’ll explain below.
So let’s get to it!…